India: “Shape Colombia is a journey of surprises and you don’t want to miss it"

31/12/14
By Sabby Srs, India
Marketere/B.A, MBA in Marketing

My decision to come to Colombia was so quick and random as I was not even sure I would get in, but I made up my mind and just in 5 days booked my tickets, packed and landed at this beautiful Latin land.

➨ Keep connected with Shape Colombia on Facebook

My experience was like an amateur doing board surfing on high tide, but somehow I managed to catch up with the wave and it was more than I expected - with initial culture shocks, but they were all surprisingly new to me.

In the beginning, I thought it’s just about teaching English. Trust me guys, being a teacher looks easy, but it’s a responsible task. When you see those little kindergarten champs waiting for you and - at the same time - the teenagers trying to match up with you, it is quite a bit diverse environment. Moreover, it helps a lot seeing other teaching staff in the school trying their best to make you feel like home and comfortable.  

It changed me as a person a lot. Being a business graduate, I have always been in a cooperate environment, but teaching gives you more sense and understanding about people - and it also made me more empathetic. Colombia is different in each way from all the aspects: the food and the music, the culture and colors everywhere. From north to south, every region has its own specialty and it is like a suspense movie. Colombia brings new surprises to your bag of life.

Bogota is just like any other capital city of a country, with its cosmopolitan and mixed culture giving home to people from all around the world, including professionals, students and backpackers.

When you touch the lives of 60 unknown individuals’ souls you come to realize a lot more about yourself, your capabilities and life. Shape Colombia is not just teaching, but it’s about learning too. I proudly say now I am a person with more understanding towards the life of common people, I have more patience and I know there are at least 2 people looking up to be like me in the future - and that’s gives me lot of pride and peace of mind.

So, if you want something really different and above the average experience, then come to Colombia, join Shape Colombia and (trust me) you’re not going to complain. Apart of all of this, the great experience of working with 200 individuals from almost 50 nationalities is itself an amazing and mind opening experience. Shape Colombia is a journey of unexpected new surprises and you do not want to miss this one.

Gracias Shape Colombia for letting me be a part of a life changing experience.

 Apply for Shape Colombia and have a great experience with us as well.

See more photos:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario