When Brazil falls in love with Colombia, we surely have a great cultural exchange experience

23/12/14
There is a saying about Colombia that “the only risk is wanting to stay”. This might apply to the Brazilian student of Languages (English) and AIESEC International Cooperator, Matheus Gomes. He first came to Bogotá at the beginning of the year (2014) and - after working with Shape Colombia in the first semester –decided to come back to the country for one more season.
We talked to Matheus and discovered why he loved Colombia so much. The answer is simple: “Day by day living here, I’ve been noticing how warm Colombians are and how they proudly love their nation”, says the Brazilian, who received a Special Certificate for his outstanding job with the project and is also staying for his third semester with us.

Check more about his experience in the interview below:

Why did you choose Bogotá for your internship?

I decided to come because of the awesome feedback given by some of my friends who already took an internship here with AIESEC, and some of them who had some experiences in the city and in the country.

How was your experience teaching in a Colombian school?

It was all very interesting. First, it was an incredible experience being abroad and teaching foreign children, and second, I could realize that both children and I were learning in class. I took the opportunity not only to teach English, but also values and a little bit of my native language and culture.

What are you going to miss the most about the Colombia?

I think that when I leave the country, one of the things I will miss the most will be the people. Day by day living here, I’ve been noticing how warm Colombians are and how they proudly love their nation. And of course I will miss the dance, the music and the fun.

Tell us some reasons why somebody should do an exchange program in here?

I totally recommend an internship in Colombia. In this country where we can find cold high mountains and excellent warm beaches, one of the most fantastic attractions is the culture. Colombia has an amazing cultural diversity and once someone comes here, as Colombians always say, the risk is wanting to stay.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario