México: Shape Colombia is transforming difficult realities into bright futures through Education

6/1/15
By Miguel Marines - México
Bachelor in Education

For me, Shape Colombia was more than being teacher. It was the opportunity to travel to a magic country, discovering more of myself and meeting wonderful people.
For some of my students, Immersion Room was the “cheveremoment they had with a Mexican teacher to practice English through videos and games. For other ones, it was the moment they had to be with their friends while being interrupted for an English class. But for most of them, I think it was the space to develop their English Skills, and all of them were very aware of the importance of the second language in their lives.

As long as I was with them, they not only practiced English, but acquired the desire to know more about other cultures, other countries, to grow up and had a bright future. I mean, they saw a Latin American guy working in their country, why wouldn’t they do the same?

I would recommend other people to be a teacher because it is a very satisfying work, in where you can help a lot of people to change their lives. What makes Shape Colombia different from other TN’s is that it is in public schools; which is very good to make a real impact and help people who really need it. Also, it helps to know the reality of our countries and our people.


And I would recommend people to come to Colombia because it is a very wonderful country. Even though I am a Latin American citizen, I discovered a lot of history and interesting facts being in here. Colombia is a country with all types of food, weathers, people and culture. You need to travel to discover a lot of Colombias in one country.

Finally, I'll recommend every single person to work abroad. It helps you to know more about yourself and is an excellent opportunity to meet wonderful people. And, as long as Shape Colombia works with 200 trainees, I'm pretty sure you'll make friends from every corner of the world.

"Transforming difficult realities into bright futures through culture and language" is how I'll summarize this project. Not only your students or co-workers reality, but your own reality.

 Apply for Shape Colombia and have a great experience with us as well.

See more photos:

2 comentarios:

  1. Education is a window to the bright future, and there is no need to argue on this issue. Isn't it great to transform difficult realities into bright futures through culture and language? If you're not sure yet, simply type "http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/education-is-window-to-the-bright-future" in your browser!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thank you for sharing such great information. can you help me in finding out more detail on magarpatta school pune

    ResponderEliminar